Somewhat inspired by Lewis Carroll’s JabberWocky, JabberWordy is a “Nonsensical Domain Name Generator” that creates ten random, Web2.0-esque words and quickly (and mostly, mostly accurately) checks each for their availability as a .com, .net, or .org domain name.
- Availability checked via jQueried AJAX so it doesn’t take the page 10 seconds to load each time
- Custom word generator with arrays for consonants, double consonants, diphthongs, etc, and mathy randomness to decide what versus what to pull from where and when
- Reverse engineered GoDaddy referral links
- Share! widget a la OneFileCMS, What Page of Google Am I ON?, and CSS Killswitch.
- “Buy me a coffee” button borrowed from What Page of Google Am I ON?
Built with PHP and a bit of jQuery. All done within the last three or four days, mostly while watching TV before bed, after working on client’s work, after working a 9 to 5.
4 Responses to JabberWordy